All county resources.
Ashtabula American Legion
Facebook: American Legion Dewey Howlett Post 103
- Adopts families at Christmas.
- Collects funds to help with needs such as durable medical equipment, utility bills, food, and more.
Ashtabula VA Service Commission
- Helps with transportation to/from Cleveland and Erie VA.
- Helps set up benefits.
- Compensation assistance: pension, obtaining records, educational benefits, widows’ pensions, insurance claims, burial benefit, & grave markers.
- Income verifications.
- Emergency financial assistance: burial, utility bills, mortgage/rent, food, prescriptions, and transportation.
- Lost discharges.
- Job resources.
- Veteran IDs.
- E-benefit and VA.gov access.
- Direct-deposit info.
- Helps process financial claims.
- Notary service.
- Fax services.
Feed our Vets Ashtabula
The food pantry is open every 3rd Saturday from 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Warehouse stocked with supplies to support veteran needs of all kinds.
Specializes in ramp building.
Maple Heights Vet Center
Readjusting services for combat vets and their families.
Cleveland chapter of PTSD support.
Fair Housing Resource Center
Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame
- Up to 20 inducted yearly for post-military achievements.
- Honored in November ceremony each year.
- Nomination deadline: June 1st each year.
Ohio Home Finance
VA home loans serving Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan.
Veterans Service Commission
Persian Gulf War Veterans.
Headstone and markers.
Scheduling office for burial in a national cemetery.
Woman’s Veterans Call Center
Veterans on MCD program
Heroes with Hearing Loss
Wounded in Action Warriors Foundation
Provide outdoor sporting events to encourage independence, make connections, and promote healing and wellness.